Are we grateful enough?
I often wonder when I listen to the moaning and growning of people. Unless you give the conversation another direction it seems all they want to do is complain about what is going wrong in their life, most of the time blaming others.
Don’t get me wrong, sometimes we have to let everything that is eating us up out but it cannot be the main objective of a conversation and of course even less of a coaching session.
We all have so much to be grateful for:
- You have at least a decent education; otherwise you would not be able to use a computer to find this blog.
- You have a computer or the money to go to an Internet Cafe.
- Unless of course you read this at work or in school which means you can be grateful to have a job and/or to get an education.
- You are most likely to have a roof over your head and some food to put into your tummy.
- You probably have friends who love and respect you for who and what you are.
- …and the list can go on…
I have a long list of things I am grateful for and whenever life doesn’t seem to play the way I want it to or I feel a little down I go through my list and my mood changes instantly. This morning I woke up to the most glorious sunrise. Isn’t that something to be grateful for?
There are so many small beautiful things we take for granted until they are not there anymore. Take a little time out and look at those things or people you can be grateful for in your life and write your personal list. Carry it with you or have it close at hand because it will motivate and inspire you whenever you need uplift.
I would like to send you my FREE Success Cycle workbook. In it you will find a great technique that will keep you motivated even when the going gets tough. Just give me your email in the box underneath so I can send it to you.