Motivation is not something that comes naturally to us, at least not in tough times. But those are the times we especially need to be motivated. However, motivation is key to many human activities. For one, you cannot simply sit back, relax, and watch your deadlines fly by if you want to get anywhere in life. You need to take action and to do that it helps a lot when you are motivated.
So what are the best ways to motivate yourself?
- Know what exactly it is you want. What are you motivating yourself to do? Do you merely want to finish a job, or do you want to live your dream life? Set clear and tangible, or at least manageable goals for yourself. If you know exactly what you want, you can get it, and you can motivate yourself to do whatever it takes.
- Live a a life of purpose. The problem with a lot of people is that they work hard but they don’t know what they work for. Often they are simply working for the money but that will only motivate us short term. You need to know the reason why, for what purpose you want the money. Give yourself a tangible purpose so that you can know what you are really working for. Striving for money is an empty goal; striving for money so that you can get your dream home might be more tangible; striving for more money so that you can help your family or a cause of your choice will be even better.
- Take a break. Sometimes, being burned out means that you need to stay away from things for a while, have some time alone to yourself, and get an outsider’s view of your situation. When you start getting fatigued more often, your body might be telling you to slow down; and slowing down can mean re-energizing yourself by taking a vacation, or even just taking a walk. You may want to set aside some alone time each day for you to recharge, so that you are not constantly being barraged with work.
- Don’t be afraid to say NO when you already have “a full plate” Sometimes, you can have so much to do that you are saturated with stress, and you reach the point where you simply want to give up and not even start working – you feel overwhelmed. Take a deep breath and delegate even if that seems impossible when you first do it!
- Reward yourself for a job well done! Plan out a trip for yourself, or promise to take yourself to the movies of your favorite restaurant if you complete a certain job. Little rewards, such as snacks and a cup of hot chocolate, will work too.
Over all BE NICE TO YOURSELF AND TREAT YOURSELF WITH RESPECT even when things do go wrong at times.
Barbara, amazing is not saying enough when talking about your book. I believe it is needed. Finally a self help book that gives us a clear plan and plenty of easy to follow exercise that bring real results. The introspection I went through answering your questions was eye opening. At last I am clear on what I want and have started to take my first steps towards getting it.
You are right about us passing by too many opportunities because of fears and lack of belief in our self. I am very grateful to you for sharing your experiences and showing us such a clear path. Thank you Barbara.
Noirin Azzadrou, South Africa
I want to let you know that no matter what happens you are going to be a great success. I know this because I am an expert in the field of behavior and I am very good at assessing person’s abilities and their will to get the job done. You have the power to become one of the biggest inspirations to your clients.
I see also someone who is a very big role model for kids, specifically girls, in the area of development. You are by far one of the strongest people I have ever worked with. YOU WILL SUCCEED and together someday WE can make a difference in one small sector of a market, but on your own you will reach millions!
– Dr. John P. DeMann
CEO Pillars of Excellence
This isn’t about theory.
Your system is about doing and achieving.
I think you really want people to get the vision they want for themselves. That’s way you ask us to describe it so vividly – and finally I got it.
I am not a victim anymore. Thank you so much.
– Charles Burke, USA
* Becoming clear on what you really want
* Creating a vision of your dream life
* Facing your challenges and overcoming them
* Setting clear anchors and goals
* Using a step by step process to achieve those goals
* Clearly defining and living your life purpose!
Barbara Hofmeister’s book is all about the fact that we always have a choice, and that you can achieve the life of your dreams, if you so choose, “To Be Or Not To Be”…
It is a book for anyone who desires to go beyond their present reality, stretch their boundaries and live the life of their dreams… Enjoy!
Barbara Hofmeister: Author, Speaker, Trainer, Certified NLP Master Practitioner, Master Peak Performance Life Coach, a woman who has given over 250 live presentations and keynote speeches in 13 countries…
Doreen Whitelock, USA
Am I excited?
You can’t even imagine. So much time and effort and heart blood went into writing the TO BE book and now, finally, it is being launched. It’s amazing and I am sooo happy and proud.
These days one reads a lot about about “How to write your book in 30 days” “How to get a book written and published in less than 90 days” etc. and without wanting to put the authors down, I think a non-fiction book needs a little more time if you want to get to the real heart of things.
In 2005 a friend from the US stayed with me for a couple of days. Over breakfast we were having a really inspiring conversation about our dreams and aspirations and I told him about my dream to write a book. He asked me when I will start and I shrugged it off and said, I will start when the time is ripe.
A few minutes later he asked again “When will you start writing that book?”
“When I get to it” was my answer but he insisted and before he left on some errands he asked me again:
“Barbara, when are you going to start?”
Well, the rest is history, as they say. I started there and then and while he was out I wrote the outline and the table of content. It felt so good, you cannot even imagine. The ideas just flew on the paper and when he came back a few hours later I showed it to him. To say, he was impressed, was the least. He was awed (which surprised me) and said that with such a table of content, he definitely wanted to read the book. Well, that is what he is doing right now…
but it took me 5 years – not 30 days!
The actual writing of the first 4 chapters took about 6-9 months of very focused WORK which involved a lot of research, referencing, and introspection. Then I took a book break and travelled for nearly 2 years speaking in many countries and learned more through teaching and listening and finally I got back to finishing the TO BE book.
Next was editing. My editor did a great job and I made the job really hard for him because each time he showed me the changes I found something I wanted to improve on still so we had to do it again and again. After working with me he gave up on editing (just joking) and works today as a news anchor for an English TV Station in Moscow, Russia. Thanks for your patience Johnny.
Now I looked for publishing options and believe me, there are plenty out there. In the end I decided to do it by myself and am very happy with that option but again, it took time. Things happened meanwhile that took my focus away once again. My Mom got ill and passed away a few months later and I kept putting the launch off.
And today I think it was all for a reason because at the end of last year the great T. Harv Eker saw an e-version of the TO BE book and liked it so much that he wrote the foreword for it. HURRAY!!! Now the book was truly ready.
And on July 21st it is being launched into the market place!
You can help me make it a success by joining our launch campaign at http://bestsellerauthors.com/tobe/
It’s a win-win situation but see for yourself.