In yesterday’s session we started to look at what you can do immediately to live with purpose without getting overwhelmed. Did you share what you chose in our Facebook Group?
Today I thought I’d share a list of various things you can do to live more purposely and make a difference. Browse through the list below and use it as inspiration for things you can do. Try what seems interesting or fun or use it as a starting point to come up with your own ideas. Most importantly decide on a couple of small things and commit to doing them this week.
It’s time to start living with purpose and intention now.
Let’s start with a couple of meaningful and purposeful things you can do around your house and office:
At Home and in your Office
• Organize your desk.
• Learn a lnew skill (i.e. a language you hve been wanting to learn, check out Babble.com).
• Declutter 1 drawer a day for the next 5 days.
• Declutter your wardrobe and donate what you don’t need anymore.
• Reconnect with old friends.
• Write ‘Thank You’ notes.
• Organize a neighborhood BBQ
• Plan a romantic dinner.
• Plant a tree or two.
• Cook an organic meal from scratch.
• Create a household budget.
• Take a painting or sculpturing class.
• Go back to college.
Your Local Community
Another great place to look at when it comes to living with purpose is your local community. What activities can you participate in, and what can you do to help out. Here are a few ideas to get you thinking about this:
• Coompliment everybody you meet today.
• Help out an elderly neighbor.
• Trade babysitting or other services with a friend.
• Attend and help out at a local church.
• Support local charities.
• Run a charity race.
• Help out at your child’s school.
• Learn a new language or skill.
• Teach a class on something you enjoy.
• Volunteer at a local animal shelter or soup kitchen.
In The World
Last but not least, there’s a lot you can do to make a difference in the world at large. Some of it will require travel and thus a bit more planning (not to mention money), but there’s also quite a bit you can do from home, thanks to the internet and our global connections.
Here are a few ideas for you:
• Join and support charitable organizations.
• Learn about different cultures and languages.
• Support and donate time to a global cause.
• Raise fund for something you believe in.
• Travel and explore different cultures.
• Provide financial support to your favorite causes.
• Become active on social media to raise awareness for something you believe in.
I hope these ideas have inspired you to come up with your very own short list of simple things you can start doing right away to live with more purpose and intention. Right now, find one or two which speak to you and start implementing them right away. Then keep coming back to your list for inspiration and to add to it as we go through the rest of this challenge. I hope you are keeping a journal. It will help you a lot to gain clarity.